YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, February 13, 2012

Cafe Japon Review

 So just yesterday, my boyfriend and I went out to Ann Arbor with a single mission in mind: Cafe Japon. I read a review of the small cafe in Hour magazine, a magazine published in Detriot for Detriot foodies. While reading the description, Cafe Japon sounded like everything I could want combined into one store, delicious Japanese and French cuisine combined with fresh French pastries and breads. I had to go. So, for my B'day present, Nick loaded Lili and me up and drove us to Ann Arobor to try this place out.

When we drove into Ann Arobor, I already felt at home. Growing up in small artsy towns in Washington, Ann Arbor could easily have been one of those towns. Its a small college town heavily focused on the arts and great dining, two of my favorite things in life. Every shop appeared inviting and everyone was more than friendly.

Finally, we spotted the goal to our mission. At first glance, Cafe Japon appears to be a little unassuming coffee shop set off on a side road among a couple galleries and chocolate shops. But once inside, the smell of all the sweets and breads and teas was intoxicating! The place was small on the inside with a simple decor; they also offered outdoor seating for nice days. Our hostess was more than willing to oblige us in whatever we needed and always smiling. I was really surprised to see that even the owner was there checking up on everybody and making sure everything was good. She was really kind as well.

We ordered a couple of sweets to start with the chocolate croissant and choco-almond croissant. They both were delicious. After that, she brought us our main dish, a small pot of sukiyaki with some rice and miso soup. It. Was. Amazing! The chef only uses grade a beef and the most tender cuts so the food just melted in your mouth. The broth was everything it should be, light, salty, and sweet.

So thank you so much for giving me some of the best food I've ever had, Cafe Japon~

(Initially to be posted in June 2011)


No comments:

Post a Comment